Four Internship positions available for The 2015 Summer Season-
A small theatre company in upstate New York is offering four internships for a Youth Theater Program:
1) Stage management
2) Theatre technology
3) Director for dramatic production
4) Administrative/public relations
Valatie Community Theatre is a small nonprofit theatre in the village of Valatie, New York. Part of our programming is an annual summer children’s program consisting of a musical for children in grades 3 to 8, and a dramatic production for students in grade 9 to 12.
We are looking for persons interested in internships:
1) Stage Manager to work on both productions – Intern will stage manage/ coordinate two productions and organize parents’ participation as necessary
2) Theatre Technician – Intern could offer a variety of theatre skills. We will consider a lighting, sound, set builder, or costume tech.
3) Director for dramatic production for high school students.
Intern will work with a mentor.
4) Administrative/ public relations – Intern will need to be able to compose a newsletter and work on publicity for both productions (possibility for credit if through SUNYA)
The exact parameters of the positions will depend upon the candidate’s experience and references. There is a stipend for each position.
Send letters of interest, resume and references by March 23 to:
Valatie Community Theatre
Post office Box 297
Valatie, New York 12184
Or e-mail email@example.com