Leave your legacy. Join the Movement.
Become a Siena College AmeriCorps* VISTA Fellow!
– We partner with over 30 non-profit organizations in the Capital Region, including but not limited to: Boys & Girls Club of Albany, Capital District Community Gardens, District Attorney’s Office, Mediation Matters, YMCA, Pride Center of the Capital Region, Albany Public Library, Parsons Child & Family Center
– We focus on a multitude of issue based areas, including but not limited to:Education & College Access, Volunteer Recruitment & Management, Homelessness, Housing Revitalization, Social Justice, Youth, Marketing & Outreach
– Each VISTA is matched with a non-profit or educational institution off campus where they connect the resources of Siena to the community to strengthen the capacity to bring those they serve out of poverty
VISTA Fellow Benefits:
– Lasting impact on the community through the sustainability of programs, projects and community development
– Gain professional experience through working in the non-profit sector, delving into your field of interest and increasing your network of professional contacts
– Personal & Professional Growth (High impact training available throughout the year. Training includes grant writing, time management and organizational skills, community organizing, career development, sustainability and more)
– Successful transition into post-service options including graduate school, full-time employment and the continuation of national or international service opportunities
– Modest living allowance of $11, 352/year
– Education Award of $5,675 or End of Service Stipend of $1,500
– Relocation Allowance
– Siena College meal plan & access to the gym
– Free access to CDTA buses with Siena Saint Card
– We also partner with a local realty company to assist with relocation to the area
We are currently hiring for 12 full-time positions that will start in mid-November. Jump start your career by becoming a member of the VISTA Fellows team. If you are interested in learning more about our program and how to apply, please visit our website at www.siena.edu/aceor contact Lamara Burgess at 518-782-6962. The deadline to submit an application is September 5, 2014 by 4:30pm. We look forward to receiving your application.