INTERNSHIP WITH BIG BROTHERS BIG SISTERS IN ALBANY!
Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Capital Region, Inc. provides children facing adversity with strong and enduring, professionally supported one-to-one social mentoring relationships that change their lives for the better, forever.
Interning at Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Capital Region, Inc is a great opportunity for individuals interested in learning more about how a nonprofit agency meets the needs of the community that it serves. Every day is different and tasks vary depending on the time of year due to annual events and the projects of others. Since BBBSCR is a small agency, the position focuses on assisting all staff members with varies tasks such as: contacting interested parents and volunteers; helping with recruitment efforts by creating and distributing flyers and organizing mixers in local communities; communicating with schools and other organizations that can refer children; aiding in the planning and execution of annual events including contacting local businesses; and performing typical office administrative work.
- Interest in providing services to at-risk children
- Available 10 hours a week
- Familiar with the SUNY Albany BBBSCR Site-Based Program
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and coordinate with others
- Time management and organizational skills
- Capability to multitask
- Detail and customer service oriented
- Ability to work effectively with diverse constituencies
- Desired Qualifications:
- Majoring in a human services discipline
- Availability two days a week (5 hours per day) during business hours
- Computer skills in word processing and database management
- Having a car and valid license
Interested? Please send resume and cover letter to:
Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Capital Region
1698 Central Ave
Albany NY 12205
518-862-1250, ext. 15