Description of Duties:
This position will be physically located at CNSE’s Children’s Museum of Science and Technology in Troy, NY. The duties of the museum summer camp educator include, but are not limited to:
- Teach summer camp programs.
- Programs run June 23, 2014 – August 30, 2014.
- Hours are 8:15am – 4:15pm Monday – Friday.
- Participate in the development and evaluation of camp education programs, event and activities that educate and excite children in the learning process.
- Greet and welcome all museum visitors
- Ensure that all museum rules and procedures are being followed, including emergency procedures.
- Provide a valuable educational experience for museum visitors
- Maintaining clean and orderly classrooms and museum exhibit areas.
- Other reasonable duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Experience with demonstrated results in education and or museum related work.
- Ability to work independently.
- Demonstrated ability to provide exceptional quality service to external and internal customers.
- Physical environment is moderately paced and requires sitting for sustained periods of time, lifting to 50 pounds.
- Candidates must address in their applications their abilities to work with a culturally diverse population.
- This position is contingent on the satisfactory completion of a background checks; this position may require annual background checks.
Notes: Position contingent on the availability of funding
Persons interested in the above position should submit a resume, three work-related references, and letter of application, along with The Research Foundation for SUNY employment application to:
Mr. Terry Kremer
Search for Museum Summer Camp Educator – Troy
College of Nanoscale Science and Engineering
257 Fuller Rd.
Albany, NY 12203
Download The Research Foundation for SUNY employment application*
*Please note: the Research Foundation for SUNY application requires a signature, thus in order to submit please complete the application, print and sign it. You may either scan a copy and upload the scanned document or fax a copy to 518-437-8846.
Posting No: NANO-R14-17
Budget Title: Trainer
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, the Research Foundation will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin and veteran or disability status.
Please feel free to review your equal employment opportunities protections and laws pertaining to these protections at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf.