Position Title: Supported Employment Specialists Status: Non-exempt
Department/Program: Homeless Family Services Position Code:
Function: Oversees the Supported Employment Program by providing support and training to ARCH, Marillac and Columbia County case managers by assisting families in obtaining and maintaining employment that is consistent with their employment plan.
• Engages consumers and establishes trusting, collaborative relationships directed towards the goal of competitive employment
Engages, recruits and retains a network of employers
• Assists consumers in job development and job search activities directed towards positions that are consistent with the needs and interests of consumers on his/her caseload, following the principles and procedures of supported employment
• Provides individualized, time unlimited follow along services to assist consumers in sustaining employment.
• Spends at least 60% of direct service time in the community to engage and support consumers, family members and employers
• Assesses consumer’ vocational functioning on an ongoing basis utilizing background information and work experience
• Provides outreach services as necessary to consumers when they appear to disengage from the service. Maintains some contact with consumers even without a vocational focus if necessary to sustain engagement
• Draws up the individual employment service plan with the consumer, case manager and other treatment team providers and updates it quarterly
• Provides education and support to employer, as agreed upon by the consumer, which may include negotiating job accommodations and follow along contactwith the employer.
• Work under the direct supervision of the ?????
• Collaborate closely with Columbia County, ARCH and Marillac case
• Maintain a team oriented, collaborative approach with all levels of shelter staff.
• Competent clerical, organizational, and project management skills
• Ability to relate to culturally diverse resident population
• Mature interpersonal style
• Ability to type well and operate computer software.
• Experience working in a human service agency.
• Valid NYS driver’s license
• Demonstrated ability to work as a team member.
• Emotional stability with the capacity to separate personal issues form client issues
• Ability to relate to a wide range of people, including a broad age range, a culturally diverse population, and people with various developmental and functional deficits.
• Ability to write and understand the written word with specific emphasis on required documentation.
• Must possess excellent communication skills.
• Must be able to respond effectively and therapeutically in crisis situations.
• Must be able to type 45 words per minute
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Ability to verify accuracy of information entered and contained in the data processing.