At Progressive, our people make us an always evolving, successful organization. Revolutionizing the insurance industry for the last seventy-five years with our services and technology, we look for people – like you – who bring fresh ideas and innovative thinking. Here, we have extensive career path opportunities and a dedicated network of support through our Employee Resource Groups. We also offer training programs including courses through our Claims University and online courses. Come join a team of diverse, dedicated individuals who want to continue changing the insurance industry one big idea at a time.
Claims Adjuster Trainee (Albany, NY)
As a Claims Adjuster Trainee, you’ll be part detective, part counselor and part hero by developing relationships with our customers to help them through the difficult task of making a claim after an accident. You’ll investigate insurance policy coverage, determine fault in auto accidents and document activity on each claim to resolve them as quickly and accurately as possible. As you advance in this role and as the business need arises, you may have an opportunity to compete for jobs learning how to estimate property damage or to adjust injury claims.
Paid training! We equip you with some of the most intensive training in the industry. You will attend a two week Claims Ownership Class where you learn about field claims and property damage fundamentals like how to handle total loss situations. When you finish our Claims University classes, you’re empowered, with confidence, to deliver working solutions and positive outcomes for policyholders and others involved in losses.
Work Schedule: Some evening and weekend hours may be required.
Salary: $37,000.00 – $39,000.00 based on prior work experience.
Education and Experience Needed to be Successful:
- Bachelor’s degree
- In lieu of bachelor’s degree, 5+ years of experience in a position that developed or required the ability to think critically, solve problems, effectively communicate verbally and in writing, and embrace new challenges. Examples of these positions could include:
- Positions requiring significant amounts of in-person customer interaction
- Leadership roles in customer service environment
- Retail management
- Restaurant management
- Military leadership roles
- Work as a claims adjuster, property damage adjuster or repair work within an automobile repair and/or body shop is also applicable and welcomed
Knowledge and Skills Needed to be Successful:
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Organizational and multi-tasking abilities
- Solid negotiation skills
- Ability to adapt quickly in a fast paced environment
- This position requires individuals to occasionally drive for company purposes, therefore a valid driver’s license is required
- Gainshare bonus program available to all employees based on company profitability
- Ongoing training and opportunities for career advancement
- Award-winning, supportive environment with Employee Resource Groups
- Flexible shifts, casual dress, and great corporate culture
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401(k) plan
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance benefits
- Ways to give back through volunteering, company-matched charitable contributions and corporate-sponsored community outreach programs
How to Apply
Progressive is a place where you are celebrated for the person you are, the ideas you bring and the energy you invest. All interested candidates are directed to contact Alex Steele at Alexander_Steele@Progressive.com or 518-560-3209. As part of our hiring process, candidates must meet company requirements on our online assessment test. A representative from our recruiting team will be in touch if you are under consideration and moving forward in the process. Candidates must also pass a comprehensive background check. Equal Opportunity Employer.