This summer Zhongnan University of Economics and Law (ZUEL) in Wuhan is offering SUNY students the opportunity to study in China on scholarship!
Click here for more information: http://www.stonybrook.edu/studyabroad/shorts_china.html
Click here for application instructions: http://www.stonybrook.edu/studyabroad/process.html
- Earn 6 credits of Chinese Language and Culture fulfilling SBU’s Skill 3, as well as DEC G or DEC J
- Excursions to the famous (a) Three Gorges Dam on Yangtze River located in Yiling District, Yichang, (Hubei), the world’s largest hydropower project (b) Xi’an on the ancient Silk Road and home of the world renowned “Terra-Cotta Warriors” and (c) capital city of Beijing (Great Wall, Forbidden City, Lama Temple, Olympic stadiums and parks)
- Experience local attractions and cultural performances
- Open to all for students in various disciplines who have demonstrated an interest in learning more about China – the land, its culture, language and people.
- Application deadline April 15, 2014
For the third year, I will be personally accompanying groups of students from Stony Brook and other SUNY campuses to China, where I served as a career diplomat during such historic periods as the Cultural Revolution (1960s & 70s) and later during the period of economic reforms in the 1980s.