The Great Escape, a Six Flags Theme Park located in Lake George, NY, offers a variety of internships to college students. A variety of internships are available to students who want to apply their education to a hands-on and exciting working environment. All Great Escape interns should be prepared to have a lot of fun!
About Six Flags and The Great Escape:
Six Flags is the world’s largest operator of regional theme parks, operating 15 theme parks across North America. Founded in 1961, Six Flags is dedicated to making “Family Fun and Fond Memories” by delivering a World Class Friendly, Clean, Fast and Safe Guest Experience.
Founded in 1954 as Storytown, USA, The Great Escape Theme Park became part of the Six Flags Family in 1996 and is home to many iconic rides and attractions ranging from the historic Comet wooden roller coaster to Adirondack themed kids areas and Splashwater Kingdom, an outdoor waterpark.
Built in 2006, The Great Escape Lodge offers year round fun with an indoor waterpark and a 200 suite hotel.
– All interns must be at least 18 years old
– Be able to work legally in New York State
– Be currently enrolled or accepted to an accredited college, university or trade school
– Be willing to work up to 60 hours a week including nights, weekends and holidays
– Each internship has additional specific qualifications that are unique to that internship
Dates & Details:
– Internships at the theme park can be flexible to any school schedule and typically last at least 12 weeks
– Most Theme park interns work the majority of their summer break schedule
– Internships at the hotel are available year-round based on student’s needs
– All majors are accepted as well as undeclared students
– Internships are offered for credit or not for credit based on students’ needs. The Great Escape will work with students pursuing for credit internships to meet any individual school’s requirements
– All internships are paid, however exact pay rates may vary based on the type of internship
– Affordable and convenient hosing opportunity offered through a local college
- Admissions Supervisor
- Security Dispatch Agent
- Security officer
- Ride Operation Supervisor
- Entertainment Technician Supervisor
- Internal Auditor
Theme Park Marketing:
- Marketing & Promotions Coordinator
- Market Survey Researcher
Theme Park Business Management:
- Food & Beverage Administrative Assistant
- Food & Beverage Supervisor
- Retail Lead
- Games & Attractions Supervisor
- Front Desk & Reservations Agents
Duties and Responsibilities:
Specific duties and responsibilities will vary based on the type of internship listed above. All internships focus on key aspects of either theme park operations or revenue generation and Hotel services. All internships will require interfacing with Guests and delivering superior Guest Service. Detailed internship descriptions are available upon request. The Great Escape will also tailor an internship specifically for you! Tell us what you want to learn and we can work with you to make it happen!
Questions and Applications:
For internship specific questions or to apply with résumé attached, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org