ALL STUDENTS/ALUMNI’S MUST APPLY ONLINE ONLY!
Please log into eHire at: http://www.nyc.gov/html/careers/html/search/search.shtml, Scroll down to Search For Open NYC Jobs field and type in the “Department of Finance” to view and select this posting (137002 – Business Analyst) to apply.
City of New York
DEPARTMENT OF FINANCE
Job Posting Notice
|Civil Service Title: ADMINISTRATIVE STAFF ANALYST (||Level: 00|
|Title Code No: 1002D||Salary: $54,740.00/$59,032.00-$146,276.00
|Business Title: Business Analyst||Work Location: 210 Joralemon St., Brooklyn|
|Division/Work Unit: Ctywd Paymts & Rcvbls-Ops||Number of Positions: 1|
|Job ID: 137002||Hours/Shift: Unless otherwise indicated, all positions require a five-day workweek.|
The Department of Finance Citywide Payments & Receivables Services (CPRS) – Operations division is charged with facilitating customer enhanced services, best practices, and administrative savings across the City for all payment-related activity. The division seeks a dynamic individual who will be serving as a Business Analyst, focusing on compliance, security, and new products. The selected candidate will be responsible for supporting the overall mission of CPRS in various functional areas and will be involved with multiple projects and tasks at any given time, many of which will require multi-divisional and/or multi-agency coordination.
Types of assignments will include, but not be limited to, the following:
Tracking progress and providing updates to CPRS senior management and member agencies on all new CPRS product offerings, including status of procurement and initial implementation with pilot agencies.
Training the CPRS implementations team on new products and implementation processes for extending rollout to additional agencies.
Assisting with the tracking, coordination and closure of security and compliance initiatives for all CPRS member agencies. This includes compliance with the PCI-DSS security program and guidelines as well as security around personally identifiable information (PII) and may include other duties as CPRS takes on new products and services.
Conduct interviews to understand agency business requirements, translate the business requirements to system design, and produce relevant artifacts as required by project standards.
Support Application Development by coordinating with agency clients, vendors, and DOF Information Technology (FIT) to clarify business requirements and resolve issues; assist agencies to develop or revise operational procedures to support the system when it goes live.
Minimum Qualification Requirements
1. A master’s degree from an accredited college in economics, finance, accounting, business or public administration, human resources management, management science, operations research, organizational behavior, industrial psychology, statistics, personnel administration, labor relations, psychology, sociology, human resources development, political science, urban studies or a closely related field, and two years of satisfactory full-time professional experience in one or a combination of the following: working with the budget of a large public or private concern in budget administration, accounting, economic or financial administration, or fiscal or economic research; in management or methods analysis, operations research, organizational research or program evaluation; in personnel or public administration, recruitment, position classification, personnel relations, employee benefits, staff development, employment program planning/administration, labor market research, economic planning, social services program planning/evaluation, or fiscal management; or in a related area. 18 months of this experience must have been in an executive, managerial, administrative or supervisory capacity. Supervision must have included supervising staff performing professional work in the areas described above; or
2. A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college and four years of professional experience in the areas described in “1” above, including the 18 months of executive, managerial, administrative or supervisory experience, as described in “1” above.
• Strong technical foundation with the ability to understand various user requirements and translate those needs into system requirements or design documents.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills (writing sample may be requested).
• Demonstrated experience with production of relevant artifacts (e.g. business process documents, activity diagrams and requirements documentation) with exceptional detail orientation (samples may be requested).
• Experience with payment processing, NYC Government, and/or security, compliance and audit programs a strong plus.
• Experience with web services and client-facing web applications a strong plus.
• Proficiency in Microsoft tools including advanced knowledge in Excel, Visio and MS-Project (sample output may be requested) .
• Experience balancing many tasks and prioritizing them in a fast-paced environment.
• Demonstrated critical thinking ability, analytical and problem solving skills, and willingness to learn.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
New York City residency is generally required within 90 days of appointment. However, City Employees in certain titles who have worked for the City for 2 continuous years may also be eligible to reside in Nassau, Suffolk, Putnam, Westchester, Rockland, or Orange County. To determine if the residency requirement applies to you, please discuss with the agency representative at the time of interview.
Thank you for your interest in working for the NYC Department of Finance.
All Finance job opportunities are handled through New York City’s eHire website.
You can log into eHire at: http://www.nyc.gov/html/careers/html/search/search.shtml. Scroll down to Search For Open NYC Jobs field and type in the “Department of Finance” to view and select this posting to apply.
|Posting Date: 12/04/2013||Post Until: 01/03/2014|
The City of New York is an Equal Opportunity Employer