We are pleased to announce the official launch of the Fall/Spring 2013/2014 Academic Year U.S. Department of Energy Clean Cities University Workforce Development Program (CCWUDP). This summer, CCUWDP is offering up to 39 workforce development program positions across the nation and applications are now available. This is a wonderful opportunity for students looking to gain experience in the energy and transportation areas. Please pass this information along to anyone you know who may be interested in one of these positions. The online application process closes on August 5, 2013, so applications and resumes must be submitted by that date. More information and a link to the application can be found below. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org<mailto:email@example.com>.
The Clean Cities University Workforce Development Program is an initiative of Clean Cities, a government-industry partnership sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy’s Vehicle Technologies Program. Clean Cities strives to reduce petroleum consumption in the transportation sector in nearly 100 communities across the country. Since the creation of the CCUWDP in 2010, Clean Cities has hosted more than 150 interns in more than 70 Coalitions.
The Clean Cities internship will give students studying communications, public relations, business, marketing, engineering or environmental sciences, the opportunity to grow public awareness and expand the markets of advanced vehicle technologies, alternative fuels, and practices that reduce the consumption of petroleum.
* Up to 39 internships available at competitively-selected U.S. Clean Cities Coalition locations working with dynamic Clean Cities coordinators and their stakeholders
* Positions are 15 or 20 hours per week (determined by the coalition) for 15 weeks each semester
* Internship dates: Approximately September 9, 2013 through April 26, 2014. Exact start/end dates determined by individual coalitions
* Stipends range from $2,520 – $4,200 depending on academic classification and number of hours assigned by the coalition.
* Many past internships have led to permanent positions!
To submit your resume and complete the online application, please click here<http://www.cvent.com/d/t4qn2d> and complete the application process by August 5, 2013. If selected, interns will be notified by August 30, 2013.
Questions? Email: CleanCitiesIntern@anl.gov