The Department of Finance in the City of New York is currently seeking an experienced individual to serve as an Assessment Technology Manager in the Property Valuation Division. The selected candidate will be responsible for maintaining and testing systems related to property valuation and researching new technology products.
(1) A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college, including or supplemented by twenty-four (24) semester credits in computer science or a related computer field and two (2) years of satisfactory full-time software experience in designing, programming, debugging, maintaining, implementing, and enhancing computer software applications, systems programming, systems analysis and design, data communication software, or database design and programming, including one year in a project leader capacity or as a major contributor on a complex project;
(2) A four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent and six (6) years of full-time satisfactory software experience as described in “1″ above, including one year in a project leader capacity or as a major contributor on a complex project; or
(3) A satisfactory combination of education and experience that is equivalent to (1) or (2) above. College education may be substituted for up to two years of the required experience in (2) above on the basis that sixty (60) semester credits from an accredited college is equated to one year of experience. A masters degree in computer science or a related computer field may be substituted for one year of the required experience in (1) or (2) above. However, all candidates must have a four year high school diploma or its educational equivalent, plus at least one (1) year of satisfactory full-time software experience in a project leader capacity or as a major contributor on a complex project
• Expertise in SQL programming.
• Extensive practical experience in working across multiple platforms including the interaction of a mainframe and oracle database.
• Competency in SAS programming.
To apply, please log in to eHire at: http://www.nyc.gov/html/careers/html/search/search.shtml, scroll down to the paragraph headed “External Applicants” and select the “External Applicant NYC Careers site” link. Type “Assessment Technology Supervisor” into the search field to find the job posting (Job ID 121106).
This post will be live until July 17, 2013.