Management Development Associate/ Manufacturing Supervisor
An industry-leading manufacturer is actively recruiting a results-oriented individual with the skills and motivation to grow into more senior roles within the company. This is a regular, full-time job opportunity located in Clifton Park, NY.
Bobrick is a 100+ year-old global washroom accessory and partition company headquartered in North Hollywood, CA with six manufacturing divisions across the United States and Canada and business operations that extend into 85 markets worldwide. A leader in product innovation and manufacturing, Bobrick prides itself as a company that delivers best-in-class products and service, while fostering an environment of collaboration and continuous learning. As a privately-owned family business, Bobrick respects work-life balance, has a strong commitment to employee development and attributes its success to four core values and their alignment with its employees, suppliers, sales representatives, distributors and other channel partners:
- Do the right thing: Conduct all aspects of business honestly, ethically, and responsibly
- Offer the best value: Provide products and services which best meet each customer’s needs
- Treat each employee with dignity and as an individual: Help each employee develop and achieve the maximum of their potential
- Continuously improve everything we do
Management Development Program:
The Management Development Program combines responsible and important job assignments with educational training. The Program begins with a three month role as a Management Trainee at company headquarters in North Hollywood, CA, before returning to the Clifton Park, NY division. Job rotation within various segments of the organization provides you with a broad and valuable management experience. Throughout the program, employees will enhance their general management and leadership skills, gain exposure to core operations, interact with executive leaders and receive frequent developmental feedback while establishing a leadership career path. Following the temporary assignment, the position will transition to Manufacturing Supervisor at the Clifton Park, NY division. Possible transfers to other divisions may be available/required in the future.
The Management Trainee position is part of a centralized resource team responsible for providing a variety of services to field sales representatives, sales managers, architects and US & Canadian customers. As the internal liaison for this customer base, the position requires exceptional customer service and strong problem solving skills while ensuring diplomacy and good judgment are a part of every solution.
Examples of daily functions are:
- Assisting in the pricing effort and competitor analysis
- “Internal Internships” – Working on cross-functional projects and teams with exposure to upper management
- Identifying areas for process improvement
- Responding to customer information requests
- Developing product knowledge
The Manufacturing Supervisor position holds the responsibility of on time manufacture of washroom accessory and components, meeting predetermined labor cost parameters and company standards of quality and workmanship, good housekeeping and safety practices within the department. Directs, supervises 10-15 employees and coordinates manufacturing activities by performing various duties.
Examples of Manufacturing Supervisor daily functions are:
- Administering company rules and procedures
- Coordinating manufacturing activities to ensure production and quality of products meets specifications
- Supporting continuous process improvements and individual growth
- Preparing operational and personnel performance status reports
- Applying leadership to accomplish goals and objectives
- Hiring and maintaining staffing levels to meet production needs
Job Requirements (include, but are not limited to):
- Bachelor’s degree (minimum) and at least a 3.0 GPA. Candidates of all academic backgrounds (e.g., Liberal Arts, Engineering, Business, etc) are encouraged to apply. A Master’s degree in Business Administration is preferred, but not required.
- Has demonstrated the ability to effectively lead others (e.g. based on prior work experience, extracurricular activities, community programs, athletics, etc)
- Has strong critical-thinking skills, including experience working on complex problems that require quantitative analysis
- Communicates clearly and persuasively both orally and in written forms
- Has demonstrated exceptional aptitude in the area of decision-making
- Has 1 – 3 years of leadership experience and has the desire to learn, develop and grow within the company
- Is adaptable to change
- Effectively uses Microsoft Office software programs
- Actively participate in three month training program as Management Trainee located in the North Hollywood, CA division
Compensation includes: competitive salary and benefits package (e.g. medical, dental, 401k).
To apply, please email or fax your resume and cover letter to: