Schenectady County Community College is recruiting for an Internship for the Development of Minority Faculty.
The Internship for the Development of Minority Faculty initiative is to encourage traditionally underrepresented individuals to consider a career in community college education and to enhance the education of SCCC students with an ethnically-diverse faculty. There is a particular interest
in those qualified to teach in the accounting, business, criminal justice, mathematics, science and technology academic disciplines, but all disciplines will be considered:
The internship also provides each intern with the following opportunities:
• To gain experience in community college teaching
• To broaden their experiences in their discipline and service areas
• To serve as a positive role model for students
• To enhance their awareness about the community college mission
• A representative from a traditionally underrepresented group
• A master’s degree or currently in a graduate program with a minimum of 15 hours
completed in the discipline
• Available to participate in scheduled classes and division activities (as schedule permits)
• A letter of application that describes the candidate’s interest to teach at a community college
• Copies of official college transcripts
• SCCC Application
Interested candidates should apply directly to the email@example.com email address.