The Office of the Inspector General is recruiting students to assist the Office of Investigations in various Federal and State criminal investigations. This is a developmental position to provide assistance to Special Agents by researching and developing evidence on criminal and civil cases. Full time and part time positions available.
This is an UNPAID internship position for the 2013 academic semester that begins on June 1, 2013 and will end on August 31, 2013
Position Description: Under guidance of Special Agents, the incumbent will work as a team member to manage, analyze, evaluate, and summarize evidence connected with SSA program fraud, waste, and abuse. The incumbent will manage day-to-day operations of one or more complex investigative projects, including researching applicable federal and state criminal statues: conduct case analysis to gather factual information from multiple sources, including medical records, social security disability claims and assessments, court documents, and witness testimonies. Various training seminars on a variety of law enforcement related topics may also be available.
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Qualification: Must be a U.S. Citizen, Must be enrolled in part time or full time academic course of study in accredited 4-year program or in post-secondary level program, Current maintain at least 3.0 GPA, have strong organization and communication skills, detail oriented, working knowledge of computer applications such as Word, Excel, WordPerfect, excellent writing, reading, interpersonal skills, organize variety of assignments simultaneously and meet tight deadlines, be able to successfully complete background security investigation.
How to Apply:
Submit following documents by April 5, 2013 to email@example.com
2. Responses to the following Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Describe your ability to be proactive by taking advantage of opportunities and doing more than required
- Describe your ability to gather relevant information and identify issues or problems. Describe how you organized the information, compared data from difference sources, considered alternatives and identified the most appropriate course of action
- Describe your ability to plan ahead, determine priorities, establish schedules and manage deadlines. Describe how you have effectively managed competing priorities, multi-tasked and achieved the necessary outcomes.
- Explain how you are able to assimilate and apply new information or knowledge in a timely manner. Indicate your high level of interest in learning and resourcefulness and innovativeness in acquiring knowledge. Include your attempts at self-improvement.
- Describe how you have worked effectively as part of a team or group to reach an objective, your ability to respect the needs and demands of other team members, and to make a valuable contribution.