East Asian Studies List — University at Albany
We are looking for recent college graduates for the 2012-2013 academic school year to teach English in China through the AYC program. This is a great opportunity for your students to expand their horizons, enrich career development and personal growth, and immerse themselves in the heart of Chinese society. What they learn in China can also enhance academic opportunities at graduate schools upon their return to the U.S.
As participants for AYC, they will teach for one academic year at a secondary school, primary school, or adult learning center. They will interact with students, colleagues, and other Chinese citizens as an unofficial ambassadors for the U.S., sharing American culture, society, and education system with the Chinese people while at the same time embracing an entirely new culture.
• Must be a native English speaker
• Must have graduated from an accredited U.S. college
• Patient, responsible person who can easily adapt to new environments
What AYC provides:
• Paid internship with a monthly stipend of approx. $800, or 5000 RMB
• Free Chinese language lessons
• Free housing, arranged by your Chinese school
• Sponsorship to obtain a Z type working visa
• Reimbursement for your flight to and from China at the end of your program
• Basic health insurance
• Free airport pickup and arrival support
We would love if you could tell any students that may be interested in AYC how to find out more about it. To find out more information, they could email me or visit www.ameson.org/ayc.
Thank you so much for your interest, and have a great day!