- Ideal for students who wish to pursue the combined MD-PhD degree (this program is run by the Weill Cornell/Rockefeller/Sloan-Kettering Tri-Institutional MD-PhD Program).
- 10 weeks of independent research at either Weill Cornell Medical College, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center or The Rockefeller University (all in NYC).
- Present & participate in weekly journal clubs
- Scrub into surgeries at New York Presbyterian Hospital.
- Give an oral, written and poster presentation of your research in front of your family (who are flown in for the event), friends and colleagues.
- Receive on going mentorship by your “Big Sib” (a current MD-PhD student), as well as weekly meetings with the Program’s leadership.
- Receive a stipend of $4,300 (minus the cost of housing).
- Gateways alumni are accepted and matriculate in the top MD-PhD Programs in the country!
For further information (including eligibility) and an on-line application, please visit our website:
Please note, our application deadline is February 1, 2013.
. The Gateways to the Laboratory Program is for:
- Freshman and sophomores (at time of application) only.
- Underrepresented minority and/or disadvantaged backgrounds
- US Citizens/Permanent Residents
Students who wish to pursue the combined MD-PhD degrees after college.