KATHERINE VARIO SCHOLARSHIP
For Undergraduate Women Interested in Dentistry, Medicine, or Medical
Sciences And Are Requiring at Least One More Year of Studies
This scholarship is awarded each year to a to a woman undergraduate requiring at least one more
year of studies at the University at Albany with orientation toward a career in medicine, medical
sciences, or dentistry. It was established to honor the memory of Katherine Vario, a biology
major and premedical student on the SUNYA campus.
• Evidence of intent to pursue a career in medical sciences or dentistry
• Employment or volunteer experience in medically oriented field
• Minimum GPA of 3.2 overall and in the major
• Involvement in school activities
• Demonstrated commitment to Community Service
• Demonstrated financial need*
Interested students should submit the following to:
Dr. Robert Osuna, LSRB 2062
2. Transcript or student audit
3. Essay addressing the first two and last qualifications
4. One recommendation from someone familiar with your volunteer medically oriented work or
your commitment to community service.
Students must have applied for financial aid. The application to be used by the Office of
Financial Aid to determine demonstrated financial need is the Free Application for Federal
Student Aid (FAFSA). The website for filing the FAFSA is www.fafsa.ed.gov.
Application Deadline: February 22, 2013
Notification of Scholarship by March 25, 2013
Scholarship awards will be approximately $2,300.
Address questions to Dr. Robert Osuna, Life Sciences Bldg., room 2062; 591-8827 (firstname.lastname@example.org)