Job Opening – Program Director
The Pride Center of the Capital Region seeks a full time Program Director beginning immediately.
The successful outgoing candidate will possess a Bachelor’s degree and 4+ years community organizing and management experience. Creative program direction experience, and strong administrative skills, and excellent training and presentation skills are a must. This position requires experience using personal computers, electronic office systems including e-mail, desktop publishing, and Microsoft Office, as well as web-based social networking sites like Twitter and Facebook. Availability on nights and weekends is necessary, as many community events take place outside of regular business hours. A “can do” attitude and a good sense of humor are essential. Familiarity with LGBT issues, as well as the greater Capital Region, are always a plus.
Compensation: Salary is very competitive and dependent on qualifications and experience; benefits package includes comprehensive health benefits, paid vacation time, and paid personal time.
Send letter of application, resume, and list of three professional references to Curran Streett, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Or mail them to:
Pride Center of the Capital Region
332 Hudson Avenue
Albany, NY 12210
Please no phone calls.
Applications accepted until position is filled. The Pride Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, people of color, and transgender individuals encouraged to apply.
The Program Director is a crucial member of the staff of the Pride Center. The Program Director drives the success of existing programs as well as manages the daily programmatic functions at the Pride Center. This position requires leadership and vision, along with strong organizational and community building skills.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Oversee and direct all programs, including Center Youth, Vintage Pride, Center Support, Trans Pride, and Center Arts;
• Conducting speaking engagements for local service providers on LGBT issues;
• Supervise Youth Program Assistant and Mental Health Specialist staff, and provide guidance in their respective programming areas;
• Develop and execute programmatic elements of grant proposals, including emerging programming areas;
• Develop policies and procedures for emerging programmatic areas, including HIV Services, and Mental Health Services;
• Direct overall volunteer management, including regular volunteer communication, events, and appreciation;
• Manage building usage by maintaining an up-to-date calendar and agreements;
• Manage calendar posting for community and Pride Center; and
• Regular Pride Center duties as necessary.
• Work in a detail-oriented and organized manner and in conjunction with the other Pride Center staff to achieve program goals.
• Perform as a team player, working with other Pride Center staff, the Board of Directors and others, as needed.
• Create and capitalize on opportunities to engage new and existing community members in Pride Center programs.
• Communicate in a professional and organized manner with staff, donors and the community.
• Demonstrate a strong aptitude for, and initiative to, learn various computer programs, databases, and web-based programs.
• Understand and support the mission, goals and objectives of the Pride Center.
• Commitment to issues of diversity and inclusion, including race, class, gender, and sexual orientation and gender identity.
• Some nights and weekends required.
• Drivers license and transportation required.