Help make a meaningful and valuable difference in someone’s life…
Wildwood Programs provides quality educational, residential, vocational, social, recreational and therapeutic services to more than 200 students and over 800 adults across a 12 county area in the Capital District region. Each day over 600 full and part time teachers, therapists, social workers, teachers’ aides, residence and vocational counselors, job coaches and other direct support professionals give their very best to ensure that the individuals whom Wildwood serves, receive the supports they need to learn, work, play and live in more independent, meaningful and unique ways.
We are actively seeking a talented and enthusiastic Human Resources Intern to work in the HR Department from our Schenectady office. The intern will gain valuable human resource experience learning all areas of the field.
The Human Resources Intern will provide administrative support in the following areas: training, recruitment, benefits, and employee relations and other special projects as needed.
- Pursuing a Bachelors Degree in Business, Human Resources or another related field.
- Some knowledge of current practices in the HR field and interest in pursuing an HR career.
- Some previous experience in an office environment
- Proven technical skills with Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Matriculation in an accredited local College or University in the capital region
- Ability to commit to work a minimum of 10 hours per week during the academic semester
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be willing to work in Schenectady, NY
- Valid NYS drivers license and own vehicle
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S.
This internship is unpaid and will be starting in January 2013. Flexible days and hours during the week (8:30 am to 4:30 pm), with an average week being 10-15 hours. For immediate consideration, please email your resume to:
Wildwood Programs, Inc.
2995 Curry Road Extension Schenectady, NY 12303
Equal Opportunity Employer