The State University of New York (SUNY) University Budget Office, located in Albany New York, is searching for a talented and highly motivated advanced graduate student to assist the office in budget preparation and analysis, and to contribute to the development and generation of policy and financial report. The internship is a paid, full-time position during the summer 2012 semester.
Typical Internship Assignments
The Graduate Intern will work closely with the University Budget Director and an Associate Budget Director for Policy and Analysis to gain knowledge of the office’s responsibilities and functions vis-à-vis the SUNY Board of Trustees, SUNY campuses and State agencies, as well as its role in the State budget process. Typical assignments will include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist in generating data for legislative proposals relating to SUNY and higher education.
- Utilize a variety of research tools to examine trends in higher education finance and policy in New York State and the nation.
- Analyze tuition/fees and financial aid policies in New York State and the nation.
- Consult various higher education policy websites to prepare update and best practices memos.
- Collect and analyze data related to enrollment, access and affordability trends.
- Assist in the preparation of policy and financial reports.
- Perform other assignments that may be assigned.
There will be another internship position in the fall 2012 semester on a part-time basis. Interested candidates are invited to apply online at http://www.suny.edu/SUNY_Employment/. Please submit a cover letter, resume, and transcript (official or unofficial). In your cover letter, please indicate why you have a special interest in higher education policy and finance.