CollegeFashionista.com is an online fashion website for those who are passionate about the latest fashion trends on campuses around the world. The articles are written by college students, for college students. CollegeFashionista’s mission is simple—to empower students to make the campus their runway and give them a platform to share their unique point-of-view.
Our interns are in charge of capturing street style photography around their campus as well as writing articles based on their findings. Style Gurus contribute an article each week during the duration of the internship as well as participate in monthly Twitter chats with fashion industry executives, webinars and other skill building exercises. Interns also have the opportunity to work on brand campaigns and organize local fashion events.
The position runs from the week of December 29, 2014-May 15, 2015 and is unpaid, however credit can be received. Students must own or have access to a camera for the position. We are looking for outgoing interns who want to expand their writing portfolio and contribute to a growing media company. Students can apply directly by visiting www.collegefashionista.com/apply.
Applications are now being accepted for the Summer 2015 LIVE. LEARN. INTERN. Programs in Washington, DC. Each program includes academic credit, a guaranteed internship placement and fully furnished housing in the heart of Washington, DC.
Nominate a Top Student Today
Please also consider nominating top students for special scholarship consideration. We award close to a million dollars annually and preference is given to nominated students. You may nominate by visiting www.DCinternships.org/Nominate.
More information on our programs may be found at www.DCinternships.org. Please contact Mallie with any questions. She may be reached at email@example.com or 202.986.0384.
Red Bull will be opening a new distribution Center in Albany and they have a strong interest in UAlbany Graduates and Students!
They will be having a Job Fair on October 29th from 4:30-6:30 at the Albany Marriot: 189 Wolf Road, Albany, NY 12205
They are looking to hire Account managers and Sales Trainees.
RSVP: Elise.Rogers@US.Redbull.com or 267-239-4156
Albany Open House Flyer Oct 29
The Upward Bound program at Cornell University is seeking qualified and enthusiastic applicants for the Assistant Director position.
Interested individuals are encouraged to apply ASAP by following the instructions found on the Cornell University HR website: https://cornellu.taleo.net/careersection/10164/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en&job=25315
Materials sent directly to the Upward Bound office/staff will not be reviewed.
*Job ID: 17479
*Job Title: Financial Services Representative
Employer Name: Nationwide
Linked Contact: Amanda Joslin
Days/hours & duration of job: 38.75hrs Full Time
Wage/Salary: $30,000 – $34,000
Employment Start Date: ASAP
Employment End Date: N/A
*Job Description: Provide prompt efficient service for a Retirement Plan service center internal and external customer.
The following duties cover what are generally believed to be principal and essential functions of the job. Specific circumstances may allow or require some people assign to the job to perform a somewhat different combination of duties.
1. Receives and responds to incoming customer/agent/employer inquiries.
2. Communicates with customers, field staff, service centers, internal/external sales support and other industry companies through oral and written communication.
3. Assists customers with financial transactions.
4. Maintains current knowledge of contract and product provisions and administration of the Plan, and the processing systems related.
5. Resolves routine errors requiring corrective processing.
6. Demonstrates the ability to identify situations that require advanced technical knowledge or exception processing, and refers the situation to a Supervisor.
7. Processes monetary transactions according to policy provisions with assigned limits.
8. Reviews, researches, and interprets records and reports to accurately make decisions.
9. Decision making skill necessary for customer contacts.
10. Ability to identify and evaluate problems and analyze customer inquiries and determines appropriate action.
11. Performs other duties as requested.
*Qualifications: • Bachelor’s Degree
• Strong problem solving skills
• Time Management skills
• Basic typing and computer skills
• Background in customer service, preferred
• Strong interpersonal and written communications
• The ability to work within a team and independently.
• High attention to detail.
Due to the fiduciary accountabilities within this job, a valid credit check and/or background check will be required as part of the selection process.
*Application Instructions: To apply, visit us at http://www.nationwide.com/careers and locate job opening id#23221 using the detailed job search. You may also send resumes to JOHNJ107@nationwide.com, firstname.lastname@example.org or fax 866-390-5021
The Public Service Fellows Program at the Partnership for Public Service is an opportunity for undergraduate students, graduate students and recent graduates to participate directly in transforming the way government works while developing valuable professional skills.
At the Partnership, fellows are integral to the day-to-day operations, programs and activities of our organization. We value the contributions of fellows and work to provide relevant and useful experiences in return. Fellows are assigned substantive and meaningful work to support our wide variety of programs, events and projects to help revitalize the federal government by focusing on the people working in it. Fellows’ duties vary across the Partnership’s internal teams, but often include event planning and execution, conducting research, writing and preparing correspondence, and conducting outreach to external partners, such as government agencies and colleges and universities.
True to the Partnership’s emphasis on people, the fellows program incorporates opportunities for professional and personal growth through workshops and trainings specifically geared toward students and young professionals. We also strive to ensure a quality experience in terms of work and personal relationships throughout the fellowship term. Fellows also receive the following stipends:
- Full-time fellows with an undergraduate or graduate degree receive $1000 per month.
- Full-time fellows who are currently undergraduate students receive $800 per month.
- Stipends for part-time fellows will be pro-rated accordingly.
Who Should Apply
The Partnership strives to be an inclusive organization that fosters learning, collaboration and respect. We actively recruit for diversity in our workplace, believing that a range of backgrounds, perspectives and experiences contributes to our mission of revitalizing government. We seek extraordinary undergraduate students, graduate students and recent graduates with:
- A commitment to public service
- Strong written and oral communication
- Analytical thinking
- An ability to work well in teams
There is no single academic major or background we prefer over another—if you share our passion and are committed to developing your skills while gaining valuable experience, we want to hear from you!
The application for the Spring 2015 term closes on Friday, October 24. Apply today!